It’s one thing to assemble your tribe. It’s quite another to activate them on your behalf.
How do you do that?
Today’s #NSCRockstarleadership Tip of the Day shares one way: develop an innovative platform that will excite and inspire them to get behind you. This accomplishes a at least five things that will benefit your forward motion to executive leadership:
1) Getting behind your inspiring platform signals that they are not only supporting you, but a greater good for the business and/or your industry.
2) It demonstrates that you have vision beyond simply your career path.
3) It allows them to observe how your subsequent asks and dialogue is values-driven, and if your values align with their own, they will be intrinsically motivated to push the platform as well.
4) They will look smart to the broader business ecosystem for getting behind you.
5) If you ultimately secure a mandate from the C-Suite on your innovative concept, your credibility instantly expands along with your influence by extension. Anyone would want to be a part of that.
Here’s a hint: Your concept must be data-backed and either make or save the company money. Then, you’ve got their attention.
No Thanks: 7 Ways to Say I’ll Just Include Myself, provides this and other ways to get your tribe/personal board of directors to actually move on your behalf. Be sure to pick up your copy of The Remix in hardcover or Kindle edition today!